- Blur refers to itself as the “Fastest NFT Marketplace”.
- Blur has allocated 300 Million $BLUR tokens to the community in the form of airdrops.
- Recently they completed the first season of airdrops on Feb 14, 2023. This article is a guide to Blur’s upcoming Season 2 airdrop, expected to happen in April 2023.
Trading on Blur will increase with Blur Season 2. We know that Blur will airdrop a lot of tokens – more than 51% of their token supply will be distributed to their community. Real users and real transactions are what make up this value. Despite this, Season 2 requires users to actively list NFTs on the platform at a lower floor price than on other platforms. Since many NFT traders don’t want to sell their tokens at a loss, farming the airdrop will be difficult. In this article, we show you how to increase listing points with the least amount of investment.
What is Blur?
Blur ($BLUR) is a decentralized NFT marketplace allowing users to execute trades faster. In addition to increasing decentralization, their goal is to make the NFT space institutional-grade. $BLUR is the native token of the Blur NFT marketplace. It will use $BLUR as its governance and royalty token. In terms of royalties, Blur is taking a unique approach, rewarding users who support creator royalties with a greater amount of their token. Despite claiming previous experience from Square, MIT, Brex, Five Rings, and Y Combinator, the team behind the project remains anonymous. Among Blur’s unique features as an NFT marketplace are:
- Sweep across multiple NFT marketplaces.
- Fast access to NFT reveals. Blur lets users snipe NFTs before it even hits the major NFT market analytics sites and aggregators.
- Improved user experience (UX) and interface lets users manage their NFT portfolios with the most advanced analytics.
Airdrop strategy guide for Blur Season 2
Bidding and listing points have been doubled until 1st April 2023. So, to take advantage of Season 2 rewards, you must start listing and bidding NFTs on Blur. To maximize your points, bid closer to the floor price on top collections.
How to maximize your $BLUR token airdrop?
The Blur team hinted at several ways in which users could maximize their airdrops.
The simplified formula looks like this:
Listing points = A x B x C
A: volume of the collection B: floor price of the collection C: how close is your listing to floor price or below “top trait”.
Many people have already mass listed their stuff. Because of that your “top trait” will probably be close to the floor even for mid-rares. This means that if you want to maximize your listing points, the easiest (and most dangerous) way is to list NFTs below the floor price. This is highly risky as it might mean selling NFTs at a loss – so the objective is really to maximize the number of listing points with as low exposure to risk as possible.
How to increase your listing points
- Listing Otherside Otherdeeds: Otherdeeds have MANY different Resources in different Tiers and they are divided into N/E/S/W. Despite the many listings, you can find big discrepancies between the floor and “top trait” here (even for floor items). That will pretty easily let you farm points without risking selling your assets all the time.
- Items that are locked on OpenSea Whether an item was locked or not had no impact on the S1 listing period, I’m pretty sure it is the same now. You can farm much more points using them because you can list them far below “top trait” or even the normal floor.
Blur token airdrops can also be maximized in the following ways:
- Listing more NFTs (especially blue chips)
- listing more active collections
- using all of Blur’s listing tools e.g. listing by floor price, trait floor price, and ladder list
- avoid “gaming” the system, e.g. by relisting NFTs at unrealistic prices, listing dead collections, and sybil attacking
- listing on other NFT marketplaces via Blur
- risk management. If you don’t want to buy an NFT, bid slightly below others which reduces your chances of your bid being accepted (and no more points being earned)
- placing a minimum of 3 sweeps on Blur before airdrop season 2
In order to maximize your airdropped $BLUR tokens, Blur suggests the following methods:
- Within a collection, the highest “risk” bids will earn the majority of points. For example, if the floor price of an NFT is 1.01, and there are 100 bids at 1 whilst your bid is at 0.99, you would not earn as many points. This is because there are 100 bids in front of you at a higher price. Whereas if you bid at 1.01, you are bidding more than others and taking the most “risk”. This in turn means you can earn more points to potentially get more airdropped $BLUR tokens;
- the longer your bid is active, the more points you will receive. You stop earning points when your bid is accepted;
- users can reuse the ETH in their Bid Pool across different NFT collections. So, the strategy to get maximum points is to bid closest to the floor price across multiple active collections; and
- the top 100 bidders within a 24-hour time period in Blur’s 24-hour leaderboard can be granted different boosts of up to 2.5x.
How does Blur’s loyalty program work?
Your luck when revealing Care Packages is also affected by Blur’s loyalty system. As your loyalty increases throughout the airdrop campaign, your chances of receiving super rare Care Packages will increase. Your chances of receiving a super rare Care Package airdrop are as follows:
- <50% loyalty = low luck;
- 50-90% loyalty = medium luck;
- 90-97% loyalty = high luck; and
- 97%+ loyalty = very high luck
Users can check their loyalty score on Blur’s airdrop tab.
We can say without any doubt that the Blur project has caused a big stir in the crypto world and it’s a big trend, it will definitely be interesting to watch. A lot of people have made big money on this airdrop and no doubt sesion 2 will be even bigger.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.