Any PPC specialists in Crypto Gaming out there? If so, you surely share my butt-hurt over Google’s frowns upon crypto and NFTs. While Brave Ads proved beckoning but walled garden in letting anyone in, Google’s more democratic grounds were closed to anything crypto-centric. But things have changed! Gaming NFT Ads are going live on Google soon.
Updated Cryptocurrency Ad Policy: Any Boundaries in Advertising NFT Games?
Before cheering loudly and wildly, hold your horses and take a look at what this Google Ads policy update entails in detail.
Google is set to update its cryptocurrency advertising policy, allowing NFT gaming ads starting from September 15. However, these ads must adhere to certain criteria and be promoted by Google Ads certified advertisers to gain approval.
Under the revised rules, NFT gaming ads will be permitted as long as they do not promote gambling content. To be eligible for approval, advertisers must comply with Google’s gambling and games policy, obtain the necessary Google Ads certification, and meet specific requirements.
Acceptable examples of NFT games include those that enable players to purchase in-game items to enhance their gaming experience or advance in the game, such as virtual clothing and weapons.
This change presents an opportunity for advertisers interested in running NFT gaming ads to tap into a previously untapped market, expanding their reach and potential audience.
However, Google will continue to prohibit game ads that:
- Allow players to bet or stake NFTs in the hopes of winning real-world valuables, including other NFTs.
- Promote social casino games that reward NFTs.
- Advertise “real money gambling” destinations, which include gambling-related ads appearing on gaming platforms.
It’s worth noting that violations of this policy will not result in immediate account suspension; instead, a warning will be issued at least 7 days prior to any potential account suspension.
This policy change is part of Google’s efforts to update its guidelines for advertising blockchain-based games involving NFTs, providing clearer guidance in this evolving space.
Dos and Don’ts of Running Successful Gaming NFT Google Ads Campaign
Google Ads is indeed a highly effective and flexible marketing tool that reflects upon the gargantuan profits it generates for advertisers and, first of all, house. Google’s ad revenue is expected to grow from $224.5 billion in 2022 to $340 billion by 2027, giving it a 38% share of the global ad market. Retail, from brick stores to e-commerce, has been taking advantage of Google Ads for a long time.
Now, it’s time for Gaming NFT projects to follow suit. But before taking a swift, headlong plunge, let’s consider the following:
Do’s for gaming NFT ads on Google
- Promote NFT games that allow players to purchase in-game items to enhance their gaming experience or advance in the game.
- Be clear and transparent about the risks and rewards associated with NFT gaming.
- Target your ads to a relevant audience.
- Comply with Google’s gambling and games policy and obtain the necessary Google Ads certification.
Don’ts for gaming NFT ads on Google
- Promote NFT games that allow players to bet or stake NFTs in exchange for the opportunity to win real-world valuables, including other NFTs.
- Promote social casino games that reward NFTs.
- Advertise “real money gambling” destinations.
- Make misleading or false claims about NFT gaming.
- Target your ads to minors.
Additional Tips for Impactful Google Ads Campaign
- Focus on the benefits of your game and why it is worth playing.
- Use high-quality images and videos to showcase your game.
- Write compelling ad copy that highlights your game’s unique features and gameplay.
- Target your ads to people interested in NFT gaming and blockchain technology.
- Monitor your ad performance and make adjustments as needed.
Is this the beginning of the Crypto Bull Run?
The current crypto landscape is showing promising signs of an impending bull run. Notably, institutional adoption is on the rise, with major players like hedge funds and pension funds increasingly allocating capital to cryptocurrencies.
This growing institutional confidence signifies a belief in the long-term potential of digital assets. Moreover, governments globally are actively working on regulations for the crypto space, emphasizing its importance and commitment to fostering its growth. Technological advancements, including innovations like Layer 2 solutions and blockchain bridges, are enhancing the scalability and accessibility of cryptocurrencies, making them more user-friendly.
Coupled with an escalating demand driven by a growing awareness of crypto’s benefits, these factors collectively paint a compelling picture of a crypto market poised for a significant upswing. The only question remains: Is Google’s Gaming NFT adoption in their ad network another sign of upcoming crypto bull run, or is it its natural reflection?
Disclaimer: This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.