- By 2030, the metaverse may generate $5 trillion in value, according to a recent McKinsey report.
- Considering the metaverse and Web3 are expected to grow so rapidly, anyone wanting to pursue a career in these areas will have plenty of options.
The digital economy is undergoing a massive transformation. The McKinsey report estimates that the metaverse will be worth $5 trillion by 2030.
What you need to know to land a metaverse job
As the metaverse develops, companies like Microsoft, Meta, Roblox, Nike, Disney, Amazon, and Decentraland are on the lookout for fresh new talent. If you are interested in a career in this new immersive technology, you can pursue a number of opportunities that could lead to a career in the web3 and metaverse:
Enhance your skills
If you want to land a metaverse job, you’ll need specific skills and knowledge. As an avatar creator, you might need to know Blender, Cinema 4D, Maya, gaming, creating skins, and having knowledge of Unreal or Unity.
Create a personal brand
How you present yourself to potential employers depends heavily on your brand. Stay on top of the latest news, employment opportunities, and events in the metaverse. Showcase your talents by creating a portfolio. If possible, include sketches, avatars, templates, or samples of your work.
Metaverses are becoming increasingly popular. Publish thoughtful pieces as guest posts in prominent publications like Forbes, NFT World News, etc. as one of the best ways to showcase your knowledge and grab the attention of future employers. Getting noticed by well-known people in the crypto space, and potential future employers, is one of the best ways to get noticed in the beginning.
Explore different career options
You might be able to find employment in the metaverse depending on your skill set:
- Content writer
- Project manager
- Media reporter
- Social media manager for NFTs
- Gamification strategists
- Backend engineers
- Frontend engineers
Additionally, you can apply to blockchain or cryptocurrency jobs on job portals like cryptocurrencyjobs. Become a member of DAOs, work as an intern, participate in mentorship programs, and attend crypto events on Twitter.
A guide to applying to metaverse and web3 jobs
- Join as an intern: Any industry can benefit from internships. Become an intern and get hands-on experience, learn from your seniors, and develop basic skills.
- Find mentorship programs: You can gain access to a variety of resources, as well as development tools, by enrolling in mentorship programs.
- Interact with crypto communities and socialize with them: Support from your community is important for releasing stress, sharing ideas, learning from peers, and voicing opinions. Learn about new job opportunities and career prospects by joining DAOs, Discord communities, working groups, and other crypto communities. Your portfolio will also be enhanced.
In the future, Metaverse and Web3 will be a driving force for new job opportunities on the internet. Getting acquainted with the industry standards and learning about the opportunities and skill sets are essential if you want to develop a career in the metaverse. Understanding your interests and developing your skills accordingly are essential before pursuing a career.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.